Five of the best recipes for smoothies that you won’t need to chop or blend
There isn’t always time to mess about with chopping boards and blenders so we created five of the best recipes for smoothies that you won’t need to chop or blend.
Some ingredients, such as maca or hemp powder, blend into liquid less readily than others so a few of the recipes require a jug and a wire whisk. Fruit and vegetable powders blend far more easily, so they need nothing more than a spoon and a glass.
Thickening ingredients such as protein powders, chia or oats may be used to create a thicker or creamier texture.
Five of the best recipes for smoothies
Banana, maca, almond butter no-blend smoothie recipe
A creamy blend of milk, oats and banana powder with added maca powder for hormone balance. Enriched with a spoon of almond butter and garnished with crunchy sweet bee pollen.
200ml oat milk
1 tbsp banana powder
2 tbsp quick porridge oats
1 tsp maca powder
1 tsp almond butter
Drizzle of honey
Scatter of bee pollen
- Whisk all of the ingredients, except the bee pollen, together in a jug using a wire whisk.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with the bee pollen.
- If you wish, allow the smoothie to stand for 20 minutes to soften the oats to a creamier texture.
Pomegranate, berries, and acai no-blend smoothie recipe
More of a boosted juice than an actual smoothie this will however provide a blast of antioxidant berries and sharpen the senses with its zingy flavours.
200ml pomegranate juice
1 tbsp mixed berry powder
1 tbsp acai powder
- Stir all of the ingredients together until blended.
Cacao, date and chia no-blend smoothie recipe
Calming cacao provides energy and boosts your mood, with a touch of sweetness from date syrup, and chia to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
2 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp date syrup
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a jug using a wire whisk.
- Pour into a glass and, if preferred, stand for 20 minutes to allow the chia to thicken.
Kombucha, mango and goji no-blend smoothie recipe
Fizzy and fruity, this no-blend smoothie is full of anti-oxidant power. Kombucha brings its unique flavours and gut healing qualities to the glass.
200ml kombucha, flavour of your choice
2 tbsp mango powder
1 tbsp goji powder
- Stir the powders into the kombucha until smooth.
Apple, hemp and greens no-blend smoothie recipe
Sweet apple juice takes the edge off the green flavours whilst hemp adds texture and protein.
200ml pressed apple juice
2 tsp spinach powder
1 tbsp hemp powder
- Whisk all of the ingredients together using a wire whisk.
- Pour over ice to serve.
We hope you try these no-blend recipes for yourself and see how easy it can be to make the most of fruit and vegetable powders.